Guided wine tasting in the exclusive ancient mansion La Maddalena Hermitage
A fantastic tour though nature and history, about 1 hour and 30 minutes, divided into two parts: the first 45 minutes are dedicated to the discovery of the ancient monastery and the second 45 minutes are assigned to visit of the property vineyard. The visitors will be accompanied by an expert guide and will end the experience with a tasting of Cinque Terre DOC wine in the vineyard with amazing sea views. Private visits on request.
Tour info & Price
- The project: Eremo di S.M. Maddalena Guided Visit with medieval architectural tour, vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Period: from March 2021 to November 2021.
- Where: Eremo di S.M. Maddalena, Monterosso al Mare, Cinque Terre.
- When: May, June, July, August, September – every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday / March, April, October, November – all days Mondays excluded
- Time: 1. turn 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – 2. turn 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – 3.turn 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – 4.turn 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Price: 35.00 euros per person
- Groups: from 15 to 25 people (private tours availability and pricing on request)
- Booking Fee: complimentary
- Partner: in cooperation with Azienda Agricola A Scià, Monterosso al Mare.
- By appointment of: Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre, Regione Liguria, Comune di Monterosso al Mare, ADSI Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane Sezione Liguria, Pro Loco Monterosso
The Brochure of Eremo La Maddalena
Cultural Notes & History of Liguria Wines
In the stretch of the Ligurian Riviera to the east of Genoa named Cinque Terre (with the famous villages of Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore) we find today grape varieties that are somewhat particular to the district: Albarola, Bosco and Vermentino.
The first two (Albarola and Bosco) are of unknown origin, while the third, Vermentino, was introduced into the area fairly recently. It was originally known as Piccabon and had, at least initially, no relation to the wine produced in the Cinque Terre. There is a vast literature dealing with the wine of the Cinque Terre, but until you reach the area and see with your eyes the incredible and spectacular magic of growing these vineyards you won’t understand the hard work of men and women of the Region.
The vineyards are carved out of the rock with walls built along the slopes rising steeply from the water’s edge. Many Italian poets tried to describe in their verses the magic of wine produced in this land: Boccaccio, Petrarch, Carducci, Pascoli, D’Annunzio. Even in Roman times Pliny the Elder writes about a “lunar wine” coming from this area. Despite the tributes, the wine has not gone far in this world for many years and only recently it succeeded in assuring it a place on foreign markets.
While there is strong and steady demand for the wine produced here, it is generally limited to the immediate area. And the greater part of the production is acquired by numerous private consumers who go to the Cinque Terre in person to buy it. So, do not miss a chance to come to the Cinque Terre and taste the “inebriation of the Dionysians” as Giosuè Carducci, famous Italian poet, wrote.
- Wear comfortable garments and shoes
- Please, inform us regarding eventual food allergies
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
- Gear/equipment sanitised between uses
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Address: Cinque Terre Riviera – Incoming Tour Operator Via Roma 24 – Vernazza
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: Office Opening Hours
- Mid March – End of October
- Morning 10:30 a.m – 13:30 p.m
Afternoon 2:30 p.m 6:00 p.m
- Whatsapp Number: +39 347 7703718
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.