Vernazza Eroico Vineyard Experience
Short guided hiking trail to reach Eroico vineyard with spectacular views over Vernazza. Visit and narration on Cinque Terre viticulture history and techniques with final wine tasting.
- Where: Vernazza
- Departure: Vernazza Piazzetta dei Caduti.
- Experience Duration: 3 and a half hours
- Participants: min.10; max. 15
- When: starting from June 25th experiences will be held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday (with the exception of July 9-10-11)
- Time: Friday 1 session from 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 2 sessions From 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Booking Notice: must reach us at least 24 hours before desired event. But last minute participants can join an already confirmed party. So check in case even for a last minute availability.
Experience Price: € 45 per person
Experience Detailed Program:
- 12:00 p.m. (noon) Meeting iPoint Piazzetta dei Caduti, a few steps from Vernazza station.
- 00:15 – 00:45 p.m. short walk with your Guide Luca along the path that takes to the vineyard – SVA for Corniglia with a turn on path 507 (N.B. to get to the vineyard it is not necessary to have the Cinque Terre Card).
- 00:45 – 1:30 p.m. visit of the vineyard and narration on history and techniques of viticulture in the Cinque Terre (see specifically “visit topics”).
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. wine tasting time A glass of Eroico Classico (blend of Bosco, Vermentino, Albarola) and a glass of Eroico Passito (sciacchetrà) accompanied by a piece of focaccia each and water. The professional wine tasting session will provide an interesting description of the visual, olfactory and organoleptic qualities of the two glasses.
- 2:15 – 3:00 p.m. relax time on the Eroico vineyard deck chairs immersed in the green of the vine rows. The most daring one will have the opportunity to learn what working in the Cinque Terre vineyards mean, They will be assigned light tasks such as taking care of the vine cuttings (barbatelle) and/or other jobs according to the needs of the day
- 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. descent back to the village
Vineyard Visit Topics:
- Tale of the vineyard and its producers: a family history that is lost over the centuries
- History of Vernazza and its landscape, UNESCO heritage.
- 5T viticulture techniques (low pergola and Guyot method)
- Distinction of the different vines (Vermentino forest, albarola and granaccia) through observation of leaves and bunches
- Drywall construction techniques