Eroico Vineyard Tour with Tasting
Short guided hiking trail to reach Eroico vineyard with spectacular views over Vernazza. Visit and narration on Cinque Terre viticulture history and techniques with final wine tasting. During the tour you will be accompanied by Luca Ciotoli, the youngest member of the family that manages Fussà vineyard, graduated in sociology with a thesis on the Cinque Terre landscape. He’s an environmental and hiking guide, a passionate winemaker and a sommelier.
Experience Detailed Program:
- 2:20 pm Meeting Point Piazzetta dei Caduti, a few steps from Vernazza station.
- 2:30 pm short walk with your Guide Luca along the path that takes to the vineyard – SVA for Corniglia with a turn on path 507 (N.B. to get to the vineyard it is not necessary to have the Cinque Terre Card).
- 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm visit of the vineyard and narration on history and techniques of viticulture in the Cinque Terre
- 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm wine tasting time A glass of Eroico Classico (blend of Bosco, Vermentino, Albarola) and a glass of Eroico Passito (sciacchetrà) accompanied by a piece of focaccia each and water. The professional wine tasting session will provide an interesting description of the visual, olfactory and organoleptic qualities of the two glasses.
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm relax time on the Eroico vineyard deck chairs immersed in the green of the vine rows. The most daring one will have the opportunity to learn what working in the Cinque Terre vineyards mean, They will be assigned light tasks such as taking care of the vine cuttings (barbatelle) and/or other jobs according to the needs of the day
- 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm descent back to the village
Vineyard Visit Topics:
- Tale of the vineyard and its producers: a family history that is lost over the centuries
- History of Vernazza and its landscape, UNESCO heritage.
- 5T viticulture techniques (low pergola and Guyot method)
- Distinction of the different vines (Vermentino forest, albarola and granaccia) through observation of leaves and bunches
- Drywall construction techniques
- Where: Vernazza
- Meeting Place: Vernazza Piazzetta dei Caduti.
- Experience Duration: 3 hours
- Participants: min.10; max. 15
- When: starting from Mid March
- Time: Saturday From 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Booking Notice: must reach us at least 48 hours before desired event. But last minute participants can join an already confirmed party. So check in case even for a last minute availability.
Experience Price: € 55.00 per person
- Info Office: Cinque Terre Riviera – Incoming Tour Operator Via Roma 24 – Vernazza
- Email: info[at]cinqueterreriviera.com
- Office Opening Dates-Time: Mid March – End of October
- morning 10:30 a.m – 13:30 p.m
afternoon 2:30 p.m 6:00 p.m
- Whatsapp Number: +39 351 7858879 Business hours, Mon-Sun 9:30 a.m. 6:30 p.m. GMT
Submit your review
Average rating: 2 reviews
May 11, 2023
The beautiful tour explains the history of Vernazza and its landscape and heritage.
May 11, 2023
Amazing hiking trail and beautiful views over Vernazza and learn wine tasting technique