Discover the Italian Riviera with a Pro-Guide!
The private guided tour
- The island of Palmaria in the Gulf of Poets is part of the Natural Park of Portovenere. It can be reached seasonally by ferry boat from La Spezia and all year round from Portovenere. It’s a miracle of nature preserved and maintained as a natural oasis.
- We start early in the morning before the day visitors arrive. The path leads us quickly uphill past impressive terraced vineyards.
- The hike is indeed very good in the off season or in the winter months.
- The varied circular walk offers unique views of Portovenere, the Gulf of Poets and the Apuan Alps in Tuscany.
- On the island we will encounter many interesting plants as well as a fairly large breeding colony of seagulls and the dwarf goats.
- During the hike we will see old fortifications from the 19th century as well as the disused marble quarries of the precious black Portoro marble.
Technical Details on the Hike & Price
- Hiking time: hiking time about 3 hours, difference in altitude +/- 300 m, approx. 7 km.
- When: from Mid-March to Mid-October – From Monday to Sunday
- Starting Time: From 09:00/09:30 a.m to 9:00 p.m. – Please, specify preferred time. Alternative timings will be eventually provided
- Price: Full day Tour: € 299.00 per party – from 1 to up 8 hikers in the party – the price does not change (starting from 38.00 euros per person calculated on maximum occupancy) – it does not include train, boat tickets, passes and meals
- Booking Fee: complimentary
- Each hiking guide service has a maximum duration up to 7 hours. Extra hours on request.
- Tips: you can combine a visit to Portovenere and the return by boat to La Spezia or the Cinque Terre / Levanto
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- The paths are often steep, narrow and stony. You should bring certain fitness and be used to mountain hiking.
- The itinerary can be modified due to weather conditions.
- Meals, drinks, eventual passes and entrance fees, trains and other transfers costs not included
- Recommended equipment
- hiking boots with good sole
- hiking backpack
- sufficient drinking water
- sun protection and headgear
- rain protection
- possibly hiking poles
- End your tour meeting a young local farmer, visiting his lands and tasting his production: wine, extra virgin olive oil and other seasonal products. Supplement on request
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
- Gear/equipment sanitised between uses
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Address: Cinque Terre Riviera – Incoming Tour Operator Via Roma 24 – Vernazza
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Time: Office Opening Hours
- Mid March – End of October
- morning 10:30 a.m – 13:30 p.m
afternoon 2:30 p.m 6:00 p.m
- Whatsapp Number: +39 347 7703718